Which DVD should I get?

Nancy Hill

I have a friend who is looking to get the full 9 season set of the TV show Malcolm In the Middle.

They live in metro Atlanta.  He has seen the sets for Region 2, but someone has told him that metro Atlanta should use Region 1.

I have seen something that says he could use Region 2 dvds if they have a multi region dvd player.  How can they tell if the dvd player they have is a multi region one one or if they will have to find a Malcolm set that is Region 1?

Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nancy