Re: considering to start with Apple machines

Matt

Hi, you might want to join the Mac4theblind list. This is a great email list and great owner and mod. See link below to join up.

http://www.freelists.org/list/mac4theblind

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 10:06 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] considering to start with Apple machines

Matt,

I don’t thinnk that the MAC will be my first computer’ probably not in the beginning.

I’ve to learn, to practice and then to choose the better one for me.

I’m sorry that only you had answered my questions.

I wish to get much more info and some tips, which kind of machines of mac, there are and what is the best for totally blind user who needs braile too and more.

I hope that more Mac users here will send their help and knowledge.

thanks you any way, Matt.

Moti

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 12:50 PM

Is this Mac going to be your work computer? If so what do you do for a living? I personally don’t have a Mac yet been putting it off for ever. But I think I will be getting my first very soon. As soon as they put out the new ones and I sort of leaning toward a Mac mini possible a Mac Air . It is not going to be a work computer or even my main computer .but something to learn and play around with.

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 4:57 AM

Thanks Matt.

I wrote to this list in order to get more explanation about the real difference between the systems of Apple and these of Microsoft.

I do hope to get much more info because as I said, I don’t have any experience with Apple and wish to know whether to start to work with or not.

thanks for any output here.

Moti

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 4:23 AM

Hi, well, there is several ways you can do this install windows on the Mac. One thru a virtual windows and the other is thru boot camp . Which boot camp is fairly like just installing windows like on any hard driveI think I would prefer boot camp to a virtual windows but it is a choice. Now if you not going to use this thing as your primary machine you might not want to get the latest and greatest . You might want to if thinking of a lap top go with the Mac book air the13 inch or the 11 inch. They also have brought back the mac book as well so that might be worth looking at. But all this being said this late in the year I think I would wait for the new ones to come out. JST !

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:46 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] considering to start with Apple machines

Dear all,

First, greetings to you all here in the new list and a lot of thanks to Carlos, who helps all of us everywhere.

Now my thoughts:

I’m using for fourteen years or so the system operation of Microsoft.

Now, I use Win 7 pro and think to upgrade it – when Jaws 17 is out, soon.

I’ve two laptops, one is 8 years and the other one is five years old.

I think to start now using the laptop of Apple and as I do understand – I’m talking about MACBOOK PRO.

I really wish to get your thoughts, your experience with that machine.

which one do I have to purchase and any other helpful information.

I’ve read about it but really don’t have any experience and the world and the way Apple acts with its systems.

Again, I do understand that it is a very general question but any information, any experience will be greatly appreciated.

I’m totally blind and use Braille Display and it’s a very important point for me.

I also know that I can install the system of Microsoft on these machine of Apple and wish to know how really this works.

thanks for any output.

Moti

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.