Re: Question About Standard Ethernet Cables

Robin Frost

Hi,

Just my opinion which counts for nothing hahaha. Yes this one will do you just fine I'd think though it should also be noted that the standard is now up to cat 8 so if you want to future proof you might want to get some cat 8's instead. I can't imagine the price differential is that much between them.

An example of such can be found here. I've purchased them and they serve me well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NVSSFJ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Take good care.

Robin

On 8/1/2022 11:01 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Now that I have solved my audio issue with my new computer (UIE) User Interface error, I have noticed that my Ethernet cables are very old and worn.  I want to be sure I order the correct cables from Amazon.  I believe this is the right one below.  I only want a 6 foot length with just standard type interface to connect my router to my Ethernet card within my computer.  Is this what I want?

Cat6 Ethernet Cable, 6 ft (2 Pack) LAN, utp (1.8 Meters) Cat 6, RJ45, Network, Patch, Internet Cable - (6 feet)