Re: can no longer access gmail via the Thunderbird email client

Gene

A few months ago, Google changed its security.  You must have been using the less secure apps setting in GMail and been signing in with Thunderbird using those settings.

I'm not sure if you have to delete your current account.  Are you asked for a password when you attempt to get mail?

Are you using an IMAP account or a POP3 account?  If you do delete your account, will you lose any mail you need or is your mail all saved on the server and you can access any you want using Thunderbird since it is an IMAP account?  If you are asked for a password, enter the password and see if you can get mail.  If you are not asked for a password, I'm not sure if you need to do this but you may need to delete the account and create a new one so that the proper security will automatically be used by Thunderbird in signing in.  Others may have comments.

Gene

On 8/2/2022 2:30 PM, Dr. arvind singh brar wrote:

Hi dear techies, i'm arvind from Malaysia.

I have been a long time thunderbird mail client user till last year when i had to go overseas for a job assignment where during the time period, was totally away from using my gmail account with thunderbird.

Upon returning home however, i was shocked to realize that i could no longer access my gmail account via thunderbird.

Is there something i need to change in thunderbird settings, in order to access my gmail account again.

Apologies if this topic  has been discussed in the list previously.

Thank you so much

Arvind