Re: Migrating Browser Bookmarks

Gene

it is still about strategies to get things done and a specific [add-on is mentioned.  I believe you use NVDA and Thunderbird.  Do you want information about the add-on?

My general point, not about only your tag line is that asking if there is a way to deal with a problem, on a list such as this, may allow you to know of one that is far more effective than asking a lot of people or an institution to change something.

Gene

On 8/4/2022 9:14 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

Thank you gene, I certainly take your point.  Since I'm not the only one to mention this one, and it ain't very serious, I'll just keep my mouth shut.  After all, Most of the time, I don't really have to care who sent the message.

I'll take the tag/signature off my messages and just let the world be.

This discussion ain't very technical, huh?

Howard

On 8/4/2022 9:06 AM, Gene wrote:
I'm saying that if there is a way to solve a problem that works for the user and doesn't ask others to change anything, that is a much better strategy.  If you can do something to solve a problem you didn't know about and it only involves you doing something, it will immediately solve the problem, not rely on convincing a lot of people to make changes.

If you use NVDA with Thunderbird, for example, there is an NVDA add-on that provides commands such as control shift 1, 1 on the main keyboard, to read the from line in an opened message.

If you use NVDA and Thunderbird, that add-on will solve the problem.

Gene

On 8/4/2022 8:54 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

Gene, do you mean  that I can't change the world all at once?  This is a surprise to me. haha  Guess I'll have to sstart slower.

Howard

On 8/4/2022 6:27 AM, Gene wrote:
You don't have to close the message to find the originator.  Either your screen-reader has a command to read the from line when a message is opened or you can get an attachment to be used with your screen-reader and your e-mail program that will do so.  If you tell us what screen-reader and e-mail program you use, we can discuss what is available for your e-mail program.  There is no guarantee that your e-mail program will be able to be used in this way but it probably can be.  When there is a ;problem of a type like this, it is better to ask if there is a solution first, rather than asking people to change their behavior.

Gene

On 8/4/2022 6:19 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
On my retiring computer, I have bookmarks in Chrome and in Firefox. I'd like to export all of them into a file that I can put on a thumb drive and move to my new machine and import them into (probably) Chrome.  I'm not finding an export function in those browser bookmarks.  Does anyone know how this can be done?

TNX
Howard