Re: Accessing Group Settings as an Owner at Groups.io

Gene

I was curious because I saw differences like that when I used Windows 7 but not with Windows 10.  From now on, if such questions come up, I'll say that the person may have to use a different browser if they don't see what they should.

Gene

On 9/11/2022 2:14 PM, Lisa Belville wrote:
It's the 64 bit version of win 10, from the winver command I got the following: 21H1 build 19043.1889.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 9/11/2022 1:20 PM, Gene wrote:
What version of Windows are you using?

Gene

On 9/11/2022 12:33 PM, Lisa Belville wrote:
I wasn't seeing anything resembling that, so I tried Edge and low and behold, there it was.  I am not sure why there's a huge difference with Edge and Chrome, but changing browsers solved the problem.  There are less unlabeled links on there with Edge as well.  It should make the site much easier for me.

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 9/11/2022 12:23 PM, Gene wrote:
Its a link on the group home page.

Gene

On 9/11/2022 12:19 PM, Lisa Belville wrote:
Is this on the group home page, or does it pop up in one of those menu buttons?

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 9/11/2022 12:12 PM, Gene wrote:
You don't have to activate the owner link if you are the owner. Look for a link that says admin and follow it.  Start down arrowing. You will see lots of areas where you can change settings.

Gene

On 9/11/2022 12:02 PM, Lisa Belville wrote:
Hi, all.

I'm the proud owner of a new group on groups.io, but I'm having difficulty finding the area where I can make changes to the group settings.  I can approve messages and subscribe people because I'm Emailed notices and can either reply to the message or visit a web page to approve a message.  I'm looking for more advanced settings, though, and I can't find them. There's an Owner link in my groups feed, but this takes me to the group's home page where I can view and send posts, but I am not finding group settings.  Are there more settings I should be seeing when activating the owner link?

I'm using windows 10 with either the latest version of Chrome or Firefox ESR version 91 and NVDA 2022.1  I tried both browsers because I thought one would display a settings link or button.

I'm either missing something or there's an NVDA or browser setting I need to change.

I've never had issues with anything at groups.io, so this has me stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

-
Lisa Belville