From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marda
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 12:36 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] phone scams

That is funny. Fine if someone has the time to do all that
stuff. I know there are people who post youtube videos of
themselves interacting with those scammers. I know someone
whose parents fell for that one where the person claims to
be a microsoft technician and says their computer has a
virus or something and the person's parents had agreed to
send money to these people. I don't understand how these
people were told that microsoft supposedly would even know
if their computer had a virus. The whole thing doesn't make
sense to me and I said that to the person. He said the
scammers know how to manipulate people. it's very sad.

Marda

On 9/10/2022 11:33 AM, Sharon S wrote:

Hi, the best one I have heard was the guy pretending
to be a cop at a murder scene and asking the caller all
sorts of questions about how he knows the person and other
things like that. I love listening to those sorts of things
to see how far you can push them.

My uncle used to have his computer set up so there
was a partition where he could give someone access to his
computer, but they couldn't do anything to damage it. He
used to have fun with the callers who say there is something
wrong with the computer. He would pretend he knew nothing
about things on his computer and could drag it out quite a
bit. He figured the longer he had them on the line the less
time they have to scam other people. My uncle was really
good on computers and did some programming work in the past,
so he knew exactly what was happening.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute.