From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: October 1, 2022 2:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A frustrating problem using Free Directory Assistance

Who is Gene?

Gene...

On 10/1/2022 4:03 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi all,

Here’s hoping that this is not too far off topic. And, so far, Gene
hasn’t killed any one yet. Uhh. As far as I know.

For years now, I have not been able to use Free Directory Assistance
for phone numbers in my home town of Nacogdoches, Texas. If you are
wondering how to pronounce Nacogdoches, most screen readers get it
right when it is spelled like this: Nacogdoechus.

I am calling 800.373.3411 which works reasonablely well with a well
known city like Dallas or Houston. But, for years now, it doesn’t
recognize my home town. This is quite a bummer since I need to be
able to find numbers here in Nacogdoches.

I have tried spelling Nacogdoches. I have tried using just the zip
code. No joy.

Any one have any ideas?

Damn, I miss the good old days when you got a really polite lady who
was happy to do a little digging around foryou.

James B