Re: Newby question about best portable NLS player...

Laz

That's true but you should also be aware that if you purchase it from
Humanware they will add an additional $22 for tax which brings their
price up to $341.99. whereas you can get the new Victor Stream Newest
Generation Daisy book player for just $329.99. You can read about it
and order from:

http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Victor-Stream-2nd-Generation_p_78.html

This is the guaranteed lowest price on line with all costs calculated.
No sales tax out side the state of Florida when ordering through us.
Fastest shipping--Free Priority Mail in the US!

As this is a daily special one needs to act fast. For these 2 Days
only we'll do a price match on any sold in same brand new condition by
an authorized seller. This means we'll match the full price being paid
including shipping and sales tax!

Just saying.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Laz

On 12/23/15, Walt Smith <ka3lists@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
There's one major problem with the NLS-provided player and that's its size
-- not exactly what I'd consider truly portable, although you *can* carry
it
from room to room. Also, it has this weird characteristic in which you can
absolutely kill the battery if you once permit the unit to completely
discharge -- been there, got the T-shirt.

For true portability; meaning the ability to slip a device with a couple of
dozen (or couple of hundred) books into my pocket and go wherever I want; I
don't believe you can beat the Victor Reader Stream. Unlike the NLS player,
the American taxpayer isn't paying for it, but in a single unit, you get
the
ability to play a wide range of file formats from NLS to Audible books to
plain text to MP3 and a bunch of others, but you also get the ability to
download books directly from NLS: the "free" NLS player doesn't provide
this
function and never will. You'll pay between $330 and $370 for the Stream,
depending on when and where you purchase it, but it's a great piece of
reading and WiFi access technology. For information, check out:

http://www.humanware.com