Re: virtual machine questions

Carlos

Run Narrator on the virtual machine and then install JAWS as you normally would.  The guest operating system, in this case Windows 7, will only be running when you run the virtual machine.  Switching between the guest and host operating system while the virtual machine is running is dependent on the software you are using.  With VMware Player, I believe Control+Alt will escape the VM.  With VirtualBox, the right Control key should release ownership of the keyboard back to the host operating system.  It has been a while since I have used either one so I may not be remembering correctly or these shortcuts may have changed.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] virtual machine questions

my mistake sorry.  Once its all said and done, how can I put jaws 13 on the virtual machine?  also, how can I switch between both windows 10 and 7?

Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 3:16 PM

I am confused.  What does the fact that Windows 10 includes it's own license have to do with using the Windows 7 license in a virtual machine?  The fact is that you will need a product key to activate the copy of 7 running in the virtual machine.  I was describing methods for resetting the Windows 7 license which might be necessary.  Again I don't see what that has to do with the Windows 10 license.
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 6:10 PM

windows 10 already comes installed with its own license.  I don't want to use the license from windows 7

Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 2:56 PM

Yes, you can retrieve it with a key finder.  At that point, you would either have to:
1. Call Microsoft to have them reset your license which they might or might not be willing to do.  The virtual machine might not register as the same hardware so this step may be required.
2. Don't use that installation of 7 for 6 months.  If you don't use it for 6 months, then the license will supposedly automatically reset and you can use it in the virtual machine.
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 5:49 PM

couldn't I retreave it with a key finder?  If I do that, then what do I do after that?

Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 2:42 PM

You will need a product key if you want to activate the copy of Windows 7 running in the virtual machine.
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 5:18 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] virtual machine questions

Hello listers,

I recently bought a windows 10 laptop with a 3 core processer 6 gigs of ram and a tb of harddrive space.  I want to run windows 7 on it, as a virtual machine with jaws 13 running on the virtual machine and jaws 17 running on the regular windows 10 machine.  How could I go about this?  I don't have the key for 7 any more.

Thanks
Michael
email/messenger
mikeameli@...
Skype ID
mikeameli
JFK
"What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of a peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war, not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living and the kind that enables men and nations to grow and to hope and build a better life for their children not merely peace for Americans but peace for all men and women not merely peace in our time but peace in all time."

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.