Re: Western Digital my book USB drive

Carlos

None of the software is required for the drive to work correctly.  It can be safely deleted if you don't plan to use it.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:38 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Western Digital my book USB drive

Hi All,

I just received a wd my book USB drive and when I plugged it up and accessed it there were a few things on it such as extras, locale, user manuals, wd aps for mac, wd aps for windows, and wd aps setup.exe on it already, and it looks like all but the setup files are folders.  It's a 4 tb drive and these folders don't take up much space, but do they need to be on the drive for it to work correctly?

Also, as I said above when I plugged it into the computer it started working right away but there was an installation disk in the box for some sort of setup software.  If I'm not going to be doing any automatic backups do I need to keep that?

Thanks.

Troy