Re: Facebook Messanger or facebook chat for window10 laptop with jaws 16!!

luke scholey <lukescholey@...>

No. I generated an app password and typed that into instant bird and it didn't authorise. Any help you can give would be appreciated

On 31 Dec 2015, at 15:35, O.Addison Gethers <oag1rottie@...> wrote:

Do you have facdbook chat working with instant bird with your password or not?

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:43 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Facebook Messanger or facebook chat for window10 laptop with jaws 16!!

I agree, it doesn't accept the password.

Regards

Luke

On 31 Dec 2015, at 02:16, Brent Harding <brent@...> wrote:

I tried generating one of those, and it won't work for chat in either Social Eyes or Instant Bird. I think FB Messenger on the web is the only way now, or the phone apps.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:43 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Facebook Messanger or facebook chat for window10 laptop with jaws 16!!

I sent along the app password thing. In stead of  typing in your facebook password on the app, Type the generated password with your username.

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:35 PM

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to use facebook chat in skype 7.4 ? I need to know how will I tell it’s skype or facebook chat window when someone send me a message?

Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:10 AM

I have tried this myself and it doesn't seem to connect. Is there a tutorial on making instantbird work with Facebook chat?

On 29 Dec 2015, at 13:53, Rishi D Mack <mackrishi@...> wrote:

Facebook has a new feature now called app passwords.

Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:19 AM

What do you mean by that with the password?

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 7:53 PM

Hi there, The reason why it doesn’t work, you need to generate a password for your app now. It’s called app password. Do a search on google to show  you  how to do it as I can’t remember  off hand.

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 7:46 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Facebook Messanger or facebook chat for window10 laptop with jaws 16!!

Hello All,

I have laptop window10 computer with jaws 16 !! I had instant bird to work with facebook chat so I just find out that instant bird will not connect to facebook chat anymore ,when I try several time last week to get instant bird connect to facebook chat!! My frie told me yesterday ,she suggest me to try facebook messanger by going to messanger.com  !! I don’t have iPhone and iPad because I’m hard of hearing and can’t hear voiceover loud enough to understand !! Does anyone know where I can get accessible and compalible messanger for facebook messanger on window10 laptop with jaws?

Addison

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.