From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 3:52 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] I'm back

If members don't know, I unexpectedly was hospitalized about a month ago and I hope I'm back permanently now.  If people want to write me, with personal messages, please do so at
to avoid cluttering the list.

Briefly, I had a mild stroke and it affected my balance.  I was lucky.  The stroke didn't affect my mind and I have no paralysis.  I got some rehabilitation for my balance and it's better but it may limit my mobility.  We'll see, it's too early to say anything definite about that.

I wouldn't ordinarily send a message about such matters to the list but since I'm a moderator, I thought people would be curious why I disappeared after being active from the inception of the list.