Re: Christmas.

Flor Lynch

Sorry. That's the 26th of December, and it's called Boxing Day. (If you visit Canada or the UK around that time, you'll need to know that.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2016 3:10 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Christmas.

Also it has been called Boxer Day too.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Flor Lynch [mailto:florlync@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 9:51 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

No, January 6th. (That's the feast of the Three Wise Men, or the Three
Kings, or the Epiphany, or Women's Christmas, or Little Christmas;
depending on where, who, and what, you are! Christmas, despite
commercializaation, at heart isn't a secular or non-Christian festival.
Sunday doesn't count as a normal day etc., etc. There are
English-speaking people from all over the World on this and other similar
lists. (People in many other countries ton't take down their Christmas
decorations until about the 7th of January.)

Of course, technology itself in no way observes such traditions. But
often the people behind it do.