Re: NVDA and Windows 10?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Teresa,

NVDA themselves are recommending most users not upgrade to Windows 10 yet: http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2015-3-released/

However most things work quite well with NVDA, and I used it while writing my book, "Making Windows 10 Easy to See".

The main things which are still an issue are:
- Microsoft Edge, the new browser to replace Internet Explorer. If using NVDA, Firefox works well, or Internet Explorer actually is still included in Windows 10
- Some keyboard navigation, particularly in the Action Center (where you get notifications and alerts)
- Some of the new universal windows apps

Getting around the Start menu, desktop, taskbar and other programs works quite well.

Regards

Quentin.

On 4/09/2015 12:55 AM, Teresa wrote:

Hi, guys. I'm still working my way around this site interface, so I haven't had a chance to search in the message archives for this one. I mostly use my iPod, but sometimes use my husband's Windows computer, which he is going to upgrade to Win10. HOW well does the new release of NVDA work with it?

Thanks,

Teresa

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Our first book "Making Windows 10 Easy to See" is now available! - http://www.22point.com.au/publications.html

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys: Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap (Free trial available)