Re: locations in settings

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

I used to have the whole location thingy disabled. And still, its worrying how it knows everything. ,

----- Original Message -----
From: Flor Lynch <florlync@...>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2016 7:57 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] locations in settings

Nothing scary about it, really. What do you think the Maps app is for? Also
the compass. You've probably got Location turned on in at least one app,
anyway.

From: Matt <matt.from.florida@...>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Saturday, 2 January 2016 6:24 pm

Well, it sounds like you don't have your info put into Siri . So why not
try
asking for a specific weather at a specific location. For example: What is
the weather in Tallahassee, Florida and see what she says.
If she answers then I would ask her who I am and see what she say's and
if
she don't know she will say something like you can put your info in so and
so. And then go and put your info in for her. But I think your info is set
in Siri such as your name and address and so on.

Matt.from.florida@...

From: Bill Koppelmann <billmeister@...>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2016 4:52 am
Subject: [TechTalk] locations in settings

Hi rajmun,
Well, I finally got around to reading your post and it was the most
helpful of all, as you included that extra little bit that I really
needed.

Ok, i now have that all set up, but this time when I asked about
weather it said no weather available. I'm pretty sure that the weather
is on, but not absolutely, any reason why it should tell me that, and
is there anything else i need to change?
many thanks,
Bill K.

Sent from a Braille Sense

Sent from a Braille Sense