Re: BARD Outage

Stan Bobbitt

Been trying to log in at BARD everyday since Monday ... last night was the first time I actually got to a page and read nearly the same info as the message that was posted here.

From: Walt Smith
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

Whether they've had your e-mail address or not isn't the issue: the point is whether or not it's their policy to provide such notifications. Anyone attempting to log into BARD; at least in the past few hours; gets a message from the staff that essentially echoes the message that was forwarded to the list. Another issue is the simple fact that maintaining an e-mail mailing list for several thousand persons is almost a full-time job in itself and personally, I'd much rather have the library staff spending their time on their primary job and not in sending me mail that duplicates what I can find out by trying to log into BARD.