Re: window eyes and nvda

Gene

In another message, you asked how to run NVDA and how to unload it.  If you installed NVDA and are not running it as a portable version, the shortcut command to run it is control alt n.  It may not work if that command is already being used for something else.

The command to unload NVDA is insert q. 

I don't have the address to subscribe, but there is also an NVDA users list.
    You can read about it and see information about other community resources here:

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] window eyes and nvda

I believe Window-eyes comes with the same voice as NVDA does.  I'm not sure about that but that voice is freeware and Window-eyes doesn't provide any voice that costs money in the free version.  Also, though I don't know this, if you don't have other available voices, you can probably use the Narrator voice or any other Microsoft voices you may have.  Others may know definitly.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] window eyes and nvda

Yes there is some MS voices and they are free or you can buy some  for NVDA.
Now the difference in the paid version of WE and the Free version of WE is nothing but support. The Paid version you have support and maybe some other voices and the un paid version no support and only the voice it comes with . Unless you buy more voices.

Matt.from.florida@...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 1:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] window eyes and nvda

I have a few questions. What are some of the differences in the paid version of window eyes and the free version with microsoft office?  I downloaded nvda and I do not like the voice are there other voices to use? Also What are some of the commands to use with nvda? Thanks

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.