Re: cell phones

Carolyn Arnold

Also, if you are specifically interested in T-Mobile, contact them. Explain to them that you want to get a feature phone with full speech capability and buttons - all accessible to a blind person or person with limited vision. I think they have them. I talked to them during my search, but found that T-Mobile does not have good coverage in my area. I was very disappointed, because they have good plans. I'd have had to wait, since my Verizon contract wasn't out. I think they have great plans though, and they could be a resource to help you get the phone you want.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 4:42 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] cell phones

You could always look into the Odin phone. It’s supposed to be completely blind accessible.

I think it runs on the T-Mobile network.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 12:23 PM

No it does not work on T-Mobile .’

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com <mailto:Matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 2:49 PM

I have the information on the Haven, but that is an old phone you can’t go into a store and buy. I also don’t know if it works on TMobile. Pam.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 2:28 PM

To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>

Yes and if on Verizon there is the Samsung Haven which is an older phone a flip phone but is very accessible and I can give a podcast to it if wanted.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com <mailto:Matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 1:40 PM

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons. I have one. I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is.

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration of my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they might function, you can download my demonstration. I did it for Accessible World.

http://www.accessibleworld.org/sites/default/files/tt-11-17-14-bookshare-web-site-non-smart-phone-voice-spotify.mp3

There is another presentation by someone else in the same file but mine is there.

Gene

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 11:29 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] cell phones

Hi! I may have to replace my cellphone. I am on TMobile. I do not want to get an iPhone or an android phone. Is there any phone I could get that has buttons and that would work with TMobile? A friend of mine said she went to a TMobile store, and all she could find were flat screen phones. I hope somebody has some ideas. Thanks. Pam.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.