Re: New Solid State Drive

Smiling?

So from your opinion, what was the primary problem with your installation of the new Samsung SSD? And how are you noticing the speed differences of this  nice little piece of new equipment?

From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2016 4:59 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] New Solid State Drive

So for anyone who cares, I finally purchased and installed my new SSD last night.

The installation didn't go nearly as smoothly as I was hoping which is an understatement, but I finally got it all sorted out.  Although I suspect the problems were on my end and nothing to do with the drive itself.  Some time in the next couple of days, I will tackle installing Windows 10 in a dual boot configuration which should be a piece of cake in comparison I say knocking on wood.  Hopefully this will allow me to provide more first-hand assistance with Windows 10 related issues.  I installed 10 for a while last year shortly after it was officially released to experiment, but certain things did not work reliably for me so I couldn't justify running it full time.