Re: Problem With Logitech MK520 Wireless Keyboard

MamaPeach <mamapeach67@...>

They are the same, they are both Logitech MK520. I like this particular model because it has a place for your wrists when typing. It is not padded but it helps when you suffer from Carpel Tunnel Syndrome to have somewhere to place the wrists when typing. I wear a brace on the right hand, but having that area to rest my wrists is a great thing to have.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 1:24 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Problem With Logitech MK520 Wireless Keyboard

What key board do you have the one you like not
the one going bvack? DonnaAt 10:21 AM 1/8/2016, you wrote:
Now when I hit the FN key, and then an F key, it does what the graphic on the keys says, like F2 opens email, F4 opens Windows Media Player, but if I hit F2 without hitting the FN key first, it lets me rename a file, like it used to and hitting Alt F4 allows me to close a program. I don’t know what happened to make it start working, but all seems to be back to normal now, except the new keyboard will be going back

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 1:16 PM
To: <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>TechTalk@groups.io

Now this is very strange. All of a sudden, the F keys on the old keyboard are back to functioning like they use to. No matter what the customer service rep tried though the new keyboard would not work, the F1, F2 and F3 just were useless.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 1:11 PM

I had used the other one so much that the keys were sticking, especially my tab and control keys. Sometimes they would not come back up after being pressed.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 11:58 AM

Okay, I’m curious why you felt you needed to get a new keyboard. Were you having trouble with the other one? It sounds like the replacement is defective. Pam.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 11:02 AM

Okay, after pulling out the old keyboard, the old one does also have the FN key. I never used it so I was unaware of it. The F1, F2 and F3 worked fine on it, but not on this one. I uninstalled the keyboard under device manager, reinstalled it and still they do not work. I will contact Logitech and see what they say. I hate going through the process of returning merchandise, grrrr.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 10:49 AM

Also even if it is an Fn key, it might still cause the functions of the F keys to be inverted. The difference being that if it is an Fn key, which I suspect it is based on comments I am seeing online, it is not a toggle like the F-Lock key so you should try holding it down and pressing the F keys to see if they perform their normal functions. According to what it says in this thread,
<https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboard-Mice/Invert-FN-mode/td-p/556922>https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboard-Mice/Invert-FN-mode/td-p/556922
the Fn key operation can be inverted, but it requires that the SetPoint software be installed.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.