How to access a pc remotely

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi list, please forgive me if my question seems like a dumb question. I'm interested to find out if there are programs that will allow me to access a computer remotely. I seem to be the most computer savvy person in my household and its very difficult to explain to sighted people how to do something when I can't access their machine. I know I could install jaws on their machine but its a windows8 system and the keyboard layout is very difficult. Can anyone suggest any accessible programs that will allow me to do this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sylvia.