Re: I am looking for suggestions for how to back up my computer to prepare for upgrading to windows 10

Carlos

I agree with Gene on this point Christina.  If money is enough of an issue that you can't really contemplate paying a bit to upgrade safely, then it may simply not be worth upgrading at this time.  If something goes wrong during the upgrade which is certainly not impossible, you may wind up in a worse situation or possibly having to pay even more to recover.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I am looking for suggestions for how to back up my computer to prepare for upgrading to windows 10

Considering the question from a standpoint of tight money, is it worth upgrading?  It is clear that there will be some expense and unless you are sure you want to upgrade, I think the first question is whether Windows 10 offers anything that is worth spending tight money on if you are running Windows 7.  I haven't seen anything in reviews and discussions that I consider worth upgrading for even if money isn't tight.

How old is your computer?  That's another factor to consider.

You may have already decided to upgrade but just because the version of Windows is free and Microsoft tries to make you think that upgrrading is wonderful and a very good idea, they want you to upgrade because it benefits them.  They see ways to make money by selling products and services to Windows 10 users that they may not be able to sell or that may not work as well on earlier versions.  I am not interested in any such services and Windows 7 works fine and does what I want.  I am also not going to upgrade a four year old laptop when I have no idea how much longer it will work.  it may work for years, it may not.