Re: flash drives

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

The price isn’t the only factor. As a rule, I find that copying data to an usb drive takes so much longer than copying to an external hd.

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 9:20 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] flash drives

LOL you're not the only one Sylvia.  I could not justify, or even conveniently afford such a drive, nor would I bother.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 9:08 PM

Hi Carlos, I could never justify spending that kind of money on a drive. Even the 128 gb drives made by Kingston are a bit too pricy.

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:33 PM

Are you sure it is a flash drive and not a portable external drive?  1 TB flash drives are not very common and the one I see most often being referenced is a Kingston DataTraveler.

It seems to have been released back in 2013, but even it's current price is rather impressive at $744.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:20 PM

Hi,

I can’t remember how much I paid for my 1tera bite flash.  I bought it about three or four years ago.  I know it wasn’t to exspensive though.  I bought it when it was on sale.  I think the flash drives might be a little cheaper now.  If you look around, you could probably get a good deal on one.   

Best,

Janet

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 4:41 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] flash drives

How much is a 1 t b flash drive

Sent: January-22-16 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] bard bookplayer question

Hi Melissa,

If you are referring to the NLS digital player from your library for the blind, you can use a larger flash drive than what you are currently using.  I use flash drives on the NLS player when reading books or watching a movie.  My flash drives are 1tera bite.   

Best,

Janet

From: Christine Chaikin of Insightful Publications [mailto:insightfulpub@...]
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] bard bookplayer question

If you have the NLS digital player from your library for the blind.  You might want to go online to http://www.aph.org and get one of the NLS cartridge.  The one from aph is 8gb or 16gb I cannot remember which.  However, you could download books on to that.  As you can fit a lot of books on that.  This is just a suggestion.

Thank you for your time regarding this matter.

Christine Chaikin

President and CEO

PO Box 390295 Keauhou, HI. 96739-0295

Office: (808) 747-1006 Email: insightfulpub@...

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:55 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] bard bookplayer question

Hi guys. Does anyone know how give of a flash drive I can use in my book player? I have a 16gb right now, but I'm wanting to increase that if possible. Thanks.

Melissa

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.