From: empacc.net
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Question about the SPARC HD Radio SHD-TX2

hi robin:
it would help if I actually checked what I've written and made sure I had it right.
I was going from memory which, of course, can be a bad thing.
so, let's try this again.
tap the menu button 6 times.
then, tap the seek up button, and then tap the enter button.
I told you wrong in previous response.
no wonder you couldn't get any voice.
I actually gave you the turning-off voice inso.
so, once again:

tap menu 6 times.
then, tap the seek up button.
then, tap the enter button.

the voice will not speak until you press a button after these instructions.
also, you should turn off the alerts.

we can talk about that after you get the voice going.
you can tell if the alerts are on because when you turn the radio on or off, you will hear either alerts on or alerts off.
oh, by the way, you must long press the power on/off button to turn it on or off.
if the radio is on, a short press on the power button will switch between am and fm.
hope this helps.

sorry for the wrong info.

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 8:38 PM

Hi,
I was wondering about that.  Oh dear heaven knows what I’ve done to it now as I’ve tried it both ways in the interim and still haven’t a lovely voice talking to me. when I go through these key presses how long must they be pressed in order to take effect?
thanks once again for your help it’s truly appreciated and you did a great job with button layout description. they should hire you (smile).
Robin