Re: Thinking about a solid state C-drive

Carlos

Sorry yes,.  You could also just remove the mechanical drive and then connect the SSD to the controller it was using.  Usually it is not as important to make sure the default boot drive is using controller 0 if it is the only bootable disk connected to the system, but it is probably better to always use controller 0 so that the drive receives priority if any other bootable disks are connected at a later time.

----- Original Message -----
From: Carlos
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Thinking about a solid state C-drive

You can use a vacant drive bay/available SATA connection, but you can also use a USB enclosure to perform the cloning or imaging procedure.  The SSD will not automatically become the boot drive, but it is not usually necessary to make any changes in the BIOS.  Just swap the data cables and or the bays of the two drives so that the SSD is on controller 0 and it should become the default boot disk.