Re: Where can I buy this SPARC HD Radio SHD-TX2

Robin Frost

Hi,
Not to mention that even selectivity isn’t a static norm from area to area and can vary due to so many factors outside the unit itself.
Here in the very populated Philadelphia area not just with people and wireless devices of all sorts but also broadcast frequencies it’s doing rather well both with regular fm and hd.  I haven’t played with AM as I now haven't reason to because most worthwhile broadcasts here can also be found on hd signals on fm as well and sound much better. But those I have tried to bring in have come with great ease.
As for sound it’s a portable radio so I didn’t expect audiophile quality from it. So I suppose in short if you take it of what it is and align expectations accordingly I don’t think it’ll disappoint.
for my purposes I was seeking a portable that could run in double a’s or triple a’s rather than c or d cells which I don’t have around as often and the fact that it brings in hd signals was just icing on my listening cake of life. So I’m happy with the purchase and am now even happier to have supported with the power of my purchasing dollars a company who was at least willing to communicate with me a lowly end user. That’s not always the case these days it seems sadly.
I hope that helps.
Robin

Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Where can I buy this SPARC HD Radio SHD-TX2

Thanks Robin for pursuing the manufacturers of this set.  My hope is that someone will tell me in layman’s terms about the sensitivity and selectivity of this radio.  I would also ask about sound quality, but that is so subjective that it probably wouldn’t yield much in the way of useful info.

Don Roberts

Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 8:47 AM

Hi,
Just one last follow-up on this topic.  I did contact the Sparc company when I saw that the item had gone out of stock at Amazon and the link I had cited. I am pleased to say I got a prompt response from them indicating that the unit is still very much in production and they’d look into the out of stock status. I also entered into dialog with them concerning the fact that verbal prompts are off by default. they explained that they’d turned them on for a while but got complaints about it I’m assuming from visual people who hadn’t need of them. So I gently explained that it’d be easier for sighted people to turn off an unwanted or not needed feature with a menu and display they could see and thus interact with than it is for visually impaired to approximate their way through turning said feature on.  I also proposed that since they weren’t shipping it with an audio description of button layout and how to turn on these needed features that they consider having such a documentation in written or audio form available as a download on their site.
I’m impressed with the prompt and polite response I received from them and just thought I’d share to allay the fears of some that such products are fly by night and thus bound to disappear as some have asserted.
Robin

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 11:37 PM

Hi,
Here is its official maker’s page
And when you click buy for this model sadly it takes you to
Here is its url at amazon but sadly they’re now out of stock.
I hope this helps.
Robin

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 11:06 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Where can I buy this SPARC HD Radio SHD-TX2

Where can I buy this SPARC HD Radio SHD-TX2

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.