Re: Wlm and spell checker

Flor Lynch

Gene,
I did specific Google searches on ‘Windows Live Mail spell check not working,’ and most respondents to the proffered solutions, even those that tried the then-active Microsoft Live Help forum, did not solve the problem. So, your proposed solution, which I have just read, is as good as – or better than – what I found. Though it is a general solution, for  the 2012 version.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 2:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Wlm and spell checker
this article provides instructions for repairing
Windows Livbe Mail.
I haven't done this and I'm not fvouching for the accuracy of what is presented.  But if it is an accurate description, you may want to try a repair.  You may think that the Word spell checker is being used but, unless you have specifically modified something, it isn't.  I don't have Word on any computers I run Windows Live Mail on.  I can spell check messages.  As I said, Windows Live Mail has its own spell checker.  Repairing Windows Live Mail may correct whatever the problem is.  You may want to export your messages, account settings, addressbook, and anything else you don't want to risk loosing.  I'm not sure there is anything else to back up or export but, though unlikely, it may be possible that you may lose data when doing a repair.