From: empacc.net
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Where can I buy this SPARC HD Radio SHD-TX2

hi:
yes, the radio does mention international settings, but I am presuming that means 9 or 10 kilohertz frequency selection.
I'm sure that there is no other chips besides the IBOC chip.
this is my final response to this topic.

Howard Wolcott

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 8:31 PM

Hi,
that’s not necessarily true.  Perhaps someone more familiar with the particular unit that started this thread could confirm.  but in its settings it does seem to  specify settings for US as well as other locales.
Units can often be manufactured to handle more than one regional standard which could thus be selected by the end user thus streamlining production.
I hope that helps.
Robin

Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:49 PM

The United States uses different systems than other countries do, so they would have to use different radios.  Pam.

From: Robin Frost  <robini71@...>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, February 1, 2016 6:52 pm

> Hi,
> As evidenced by my prior posts I already have the radio and set it up thanks to helpful contributors from this list.
> And with all due respect in reference to the assertion that the model has been out of stock for months: when I bought it ten days ago there were 17 in stock and by the time I posted for help and someone asked where to purchase it two people I know had purchased it and it switched to out of stock. So perhaps sales to sighted and non-sighted alike are more brisk than one might think.
> sparc also seems to be advertising heavily in Philadelphia the fifth largest media market in the US and every newer model of car I get into seems to come equipped with Hd radio so whether their days are numbered ultimately will be decided by the market itself I'd think.
> Robin

Sent from a Braille Sense