From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 2:05 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Directed messages

And as I'm discovering the bane of a list owner's existence as well LOL.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 9:32 pm

I agree that you should start with a new message/subject if the topic is
completely unrelated to the original one, but I believe that modifying
the
subject with a reference to the original topic is acceptable if it is at
least related.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 8:19 pm

I agree with this and I would also like to emphasize keeping subject
lines consistent in general. I.E. If you would like to begin a
different
discussion, simply start with a new message. Or if what you have to
say
is at least related to the thread to which you are responding, but may
significantly side track the conversation, at least change the subject
reflect this. I will have to work to follow this rule myself since I
have not always been careful enough in this respect.