Re: Assigning admins/moderators, was: (Directed messages)

amanda burt

I agree.  I've also been a moderator and if people don't agree or there is a miscomunication things can get hary but, I must say Carlos, you're doing an excelent job.  You're not coming down hard on someone if they shouldn't have posted something.  People don't like that as we've found out on the other list smiles.  Just carry on the way you're doing and, there seem to be a lot of people who will give you advice.

Amanda

From: Carlos
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Assigning admins/moderators, was: (Directed messages)

Hi Joseph,
I appreciate the offer and I may or may not assign moderators at some point, but for now I would like the experience of doing it myself before handing over the responsibility to someone else.  Especially since this is my first time running a mail list.  Also, I think choosing a moderator is something that should be done with caution and careful consideration.  Too often I have seen problems caused when a moderator says something or handles a particular situation in a manner that conflicts with the opinion of the list owner.  If the correct person is not chosen and the moderator and list owner do not communicate or are simply not of like minds, I believe this is inevitable.