Re: Assigning admins/moderators, was: (Directed messages)

amanda burt

I agree.  I've also been a moderator and if people don't agree or there is a miscomunication things can get hary but, I must say Carlos, you're doing an excelent job.  You're not coming down hard on someone if they shouldn't have posted something.  People don't like that as we've found out on the other list smiles.  Just carry on the way you're doing and, there seem to be a lot of people who will give you advice.

Amanda

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Assigning admins/moderators, was: (Directed messages)

Hi Joseph,
I appreciate the offer and I may or may not assign moderators at some point, but for now I would like the experience of doing it myself before handing over the responsibility to someone else.  Especially since this is my first time running a mail list.  Also, I think choosing a moderator is something that should be done with caution and careful consideration.  Too often I have seen problems caused when a moderator says something or handles a particular situation in a manner that conflicts with the opinion of the list owner.  If the correct person is not chosen and the moderator and list owner do not communicate or are simply not of like minds, I believe this is inevitable.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Directed messages

Hey Carlos, you make me an admin I'll help you full your rules. I've done this to Chris already a couple of times. Talking about Chris Holdsworth.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
Twitter

On Sep 4, 2015, at 2:18 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

I agree with this and I would also like to emphasize keeping subject lines consistent in general.  I.E. If you would like to begin a different discussion, simply start with a new message.  Or if what you have to say is at least related to the thread to which you are responding, but may significantly side track the conversation, at least change the subject to reflect this.  I will have to work to follow this rule myself since I have not always been careful enough in this respect.
----- Original Message ----- 
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 2:58 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Directed messages

Believe me, it is not my desire to cause a problem.  But I am starting to see a problem on this list that frustrated me on the other list, specifically Blindtech.  I am talking about the practice of directing messages to a specific individual in the subject line.  I respectfully suggest that if anyone wants to direct his message to an individual that he do so via private email.  I say that because it screws up the sorting of threads badly when the actual subject is preceeded by the name of an individual.

Don Roberts

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.