Re: FW: [Groups.io] how not to receive your own post

Carlos

Yes, I clarified this point in a private message to the owner of groups.io. The problem is that the location of the checkbox is not immediately obvious if you don't know where to look. You have to click on the
"Profile"
link on the main page after clicking your name to expand for more options and then on a second link which is also named
"Profile"
Mark the owner agrees that this is potentially confusing so the second link may possibly be renamed at some point.

----- Original Message -----
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2016 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] FW: [Groups.io] how not to receive your own post

Hello,
With IOS, it was extremely hard to even get to profile, but with IE6, I succeeded, and can instantly locate the box.

Sent from a BrailleNote

To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:44:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] FW: [Groups.io] how not to receive your own post

That is interesting, but somewhat buggy. There is a
"Profile"
link on the main groups.io page. You first have to click on your name and it expands to offer additional options, but that
"Profile"
link does not take you to the same place as the one he gave you. It doesn't seem as if there's a direct link to that one which is probably a bug.
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:56 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Re: FW: [Groups.io] how not to receive your own post

Just for those that is wondering how to stop or start you getting your own post see below from IOS group support!

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: Mark Fletcher (Groups.io) [mailto:support@groups.io]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:30 PM
To: Matt
Subject: [Groups.io] Re: how not to receive your own post

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (982) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Mark Fletcher (Groups.io)

Feb 10, 10:30

Hello Matt,

To stop Gmail from showing you your own post, go into your profile, at https://groups.io/editprofile?page=profile and look at the bottom for the checkbox 'I always want copies of my own messages'. Uncheck that and you should be good to go.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. What would the acknowledgment look like? Is that an email that you receive saying "We got your post?"

Thanks,
Mark

Matt

Feb 9, 16:06

A couple of things one I have looked everywhere to stop getting my own post to the list! I cannot find it nowhere! So where do you find this at? I am subscribe to TechTalk and TechTalk chat groups!

The other thing if you could add the feature so you get an acknowledgment of your post but not your post would be nice! This feature is on a lots of group list but this is not an option here.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

This email is a service from Groups.io. Delivered by Zendesk

[JPOM97-KODN]

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.