Re: Directed messages

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

Gene you mean you are actually expecting this profligate generation to stop overquoting? The *only* place on the net where overquoting is strictly managed is on any of the ICORS lists like Blind-x.

Getting people to quit overquoting is like pulling teeth or sending water uphill or yelling at the bottom of a well filled with fethers. They don't get it. They won't ever get it unless the list owner starts out by suspending offenders, yeah, I mean it. They won't learn unless the listowner has the hutz-pah to crack down on overquoting. Won't happen. That reminds me, I have to post my semi-annual warning on blind-x about overquoting.

Chuckling sardonically,
Ann P.