Re: Help installing from recovery usb thumb drive

Rick Alfaro

Hi Carlos. It seems that it's a little more complicated than I thought. Both
the source and target media are M.2 and not standard 2.5 SSDs. I was able to
create and boot from the WinPE thumb drive and NVDA came right up. I was not
able to clone the original Windows drive so what I have now is a new m.2
drive in the mini pc totally bare as it comes right out of the packaging. I
do have my product key so I'd just like to install Windows 10 onto bare
drive. I do have internet access through networkPE. Will I be able to simply
do a Windows 10 install from the net without sighted assistance? I was
hoping I could simply do a restore from the windows restore usb drive I
created from my original windows 8.1 installation but didn't know how to go
about it since it's a bootable thumb drive.

Note that I did try doing an install using a Win32-64 ISO but canceled it
since it becomes a virtual drive so I was afraid to be stuck after the first
reboot assuming that the virtual drive would disappear. Not sure if that was
a correct assumption or not. Your thoughts?

If installing from the net won't be possible then I will just have to wait
for some sighted assistance and boot into the recovery thumb drive I
originally created.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro