Re: Folder Access Denied

Carlos

1. Highlight the folder in Explorer.

2. Press Alt Enter to access it's properties.

3. Navigate to the
"Security"
tab.

4. Tab to the
"Advanced"
button and select it.

5. See what it says in the
"Owner"
field. If it says
"Administrators"
then there is no point in proceeding any further and I'm not sure that I can
help much more with this problem. If it says anything else like
"TrustedInstaller"
tab to the
"Change"
link and press the Spacebar to select it.

6. Type
"Administrators"
and select the
"OK"
button.

7. Tab to the
"Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"
checkbox and enable it.

8. Select the
"Apply"
button. After a couple of seconds, you should receive a dialog which says,

Windows Security
If you have just taken ownership of this object, you will need to close
and reopen this object's properties before you can view or change
permissions.
OK

9. Select the
"OK"
button to close the dialog and then select
"OK"
twice more to close the
"Advanced Security Settings"
and
"Properties"
dialogs respectively.

10. Again making sure that the folder is highlighted, press Alt Enter to
reopen the
"Properties"
dialog.

11. Return to the
"Security"
tab.

12. Select the
"Edit"
button.

13. Select
"Administrators"
from the list.

14. Tab to the
"Allow Full control"
checkbox and enable it.

15. Select the
"Apply"
button.

16. Select the
"OK"
button twice to close the
"Permissions"
and
"Properties"
dialogs respectively.

17. Try to delete the folder again. Note that Microsoft has made default
permissions somewhat more restrictive in Windows 10 and I'm not completely
familiar with the changes yet so it still might fail.