Re: capture solving

Victor

It's also important to realize that if you are typing in web-based
email, on social media or in web forms using Firefox which has a
spellcheck, Firefox doesn't always give you the correct spelling of a
word. If you aren't sure of the correct spelling of a word, you
should probably google it.

Victor

I am not aware of any spell checker that automatically makes corrections
without alerting the user of a misspelled word and giving the user the
option to change it or ignore it and leave it as it is. I went beyond
e-mail lists in my examples and even in the context of e-mail lists,
courtesey dictates that people should check the spelling of personal names
that may have multiple spellings or that they are unfamiliar with. As I
said, if someone writes a webmaster and uses capture instead of captcha,
they run the risk of losing credibility. If someone uses capture on e-mail
lists, they are likely to do so elsewhere.

If someone misspells my name on an e-mail list, they are likely not to check
the spelling in other contexts.

I seldom write about this but now and then, after seeing captcha spelled as
capture time after time on list after list, I may comment.