Re: Help needed making filters in Thunderbird
Hi Nancy,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Making filters with Thunderbird is quite intuitive. Most people filter various lists and groups of messages into separate folders. So here's how it works.
1. Create a folder where you want your messages from one list or another or of one type or another to go.
2. Then from the main Thunderbird window, click tools/message filters.
3. You are taken to a dialogue with a list of filters and options.
3. Choose new.
4. Then the rest is pretty straight forward.
5. Choose your conditions such as the subject or to field or whatever contains or does not contain and then use tab and editing to move around and fill in the fields.
6. Click OK at the end of the process.
7. You may then want to run the filters after creating them on messages from your inbox that you have already received so choose that option in the still open dialogue when you complete making the filter.
I hope this helps.
On 9/5/2015 2:04 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
Help needed in making filters