From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, February 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] W10 update icon is back again

I believe the suggestion was to disable it, not destroy it, but in either
case it would not be acceptable in my opinion.
From: Gene <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Monday, February 29, 2016 8:39 pm

It isn't damaging your property. You receive Windows as a licensed
product. But I have no idea if Microsoft could legally change the
license agreement so that it would allow them to force an upgrade or
disable Windows on a machine if they wished. I suppose if they wanted to
offend millions of people and lose the confidence of an enormous number
of users, they could try it if it appears they legally could. But
companies don't usually commit suicide so they won't.

From: "Pamela Dominguez" <geodom@optonline.net
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 13:03:46 -0500

Yes, and if microsoft were to make it so the old program locks
the computer up, then the person would just have no computer.
They wouldn't suddenly magically have money to upgrade when they
couldn't before. Pam.