Re: Trouble With Program File Downloads In IE 11

Flor Lynch

I have sometimes had to activate the (Notification) Bar a second time, on the same download. You may have to, or it may be asking/prompting yes/no to) activate the Yes button?

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Trouble With Program File Downloads In IE 11

Yes, when I activate the Information Bar with Alt-N, I get the buttons to either open or save the file.  But, as I said, when I activate the save button, I hear the download completion ding sound immediately, indicating that the entire file did not download successfully.

Gerald

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Trouble With Program File Downloads In IE 11

You may be hearing the Information Bar? (You can activate with alt-n.) 

Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 1:04 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Trouble With Program File Downloads In IE 11

I seem to be experienceing trouble downloading and saving  some program files, especially small ones, using IE 11 with Windows 7.  If I choose to save a program file that is fairly small, I hear the ding sound indicating that the download is complete almost as soon as I select the file and activate the save button.  But when I go to the Downloads folder to open the saved program file, I get an error message that the file cannot be opened because it is a partial download. Checking the file properties shows that it contains 0 bytes, which means that the file was never actually downloaded and saved in the first place.  Repeating the download process a few times does not work, either; in every case ,I hear the ding sound as soon as I activate the save button and the saved file always contains 0 bytes and thus cannot be opened.  If I use Firefox 40 to download and save the same program file, the entire file is successfully downloaded and saved in my Downloads folder and can be opened normally.  This behavior does not seem to occur when downloading and saving relatively large program files such as Auslogics Disk Defrag.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Is there any way to insure that IE 11 downloads and saves an entire program file, regardless of its size?  Thanks.

Gerald

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.