Re: editting a recording

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi,
Yes, .mov is a video file. I'd imagine something like online-convert.com or even some software will convert it.

----- Original Message -----
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Saturday, 5 September 2015 10:44 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] editting a recording

I haven't worked with that vile extension.. I think it is an audio/video extension. Someone else will probably discuss converting it.

Here is another thing to know about editing mp3 files. If you edit mp3 files that are not encoded at a bit rate of 320kbps, you may hear artifacts where the edit point is. I can tinker around with the precise editing controls in Mp3 Direct Cut and work on the edit until the artifact is gone but I can't always do this. therefore, you may want to convert to something like wave and edit using another program or you may want to try editing in Mp3 Direct cut and you may want to use the 320kbps encoding when you convert the mov file to mp3. Mp3 direct Cut is a very easy program to edit with and it's free. If you want to try goldwave, there is a demo and you can edit using a lossless format and see what you think. I haven't used Goldwave enough to compare ease of editing between that program and Mp3 Direct cut. But since reencoding an mp3 file once shouldn't result in the loss of much sound quality, you may want to edit the 320kbps file in mp3 direct cut, save it, then use a file conversion program to lower the bit rate.

it isn't necessarily easy to discuss these sorts of topics by e-mail. You may want to discuss them by phone or by Skipe or in some other way where whomever is advising you can talk in real time.
Gene

Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2015 4:28 PM

Gene:
When I record there is always a .mov extention at the end, which I can easily convert using format factory, so where can I get mp3 direct cut?

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@gmail.com

Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2015 2:18 PM

If you are going to be editing mp3 files and aren't going to use special effects, I recommend Mp3 Direct Cut. it is free, is easy to edit with, and you can edit and then save the final project with no loss in audio quality. Programs like Audacity or Goldwave will cause loss of audio quality if you edit mp3 files and then resave them again as mp3. The loss is not significant if you only do this once but if you do it repeatedly, quality loss will be significant. When editing with Goldwave or Audacity, the original file should be in a lossless format such as wav and should only be saved as an MP3 file after editing of the lossless file is complete. In other words, you can edit and save a wave file or other lossless format as often as you want but the mp3 file should be used for only the final copy after all editing has been done.

Again,if you are starting with an mp3 file, Mp3 Direct cut let's you edit it and save it as many times as you want without loss of sound quality. What format are the original files going to be in?

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2015 3:41 PM

Hi. I hope I understand you correctly, you are going to record on the
iPhone then move the file to the PC for editing? The programme I use is
Gold Wave, an excellent programme but not free, it is about $50 Canadian.
Audasity is free but I have no idea how to use it nor how effective it is
but I highly recommend Goldwave, especially with JAWS scripts. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05 September 2015 21:34
Subject: [TechTalk] editting a recording

Didn't know how to phrase my question but here is the question in a long
about way. I hope solutions for programs will not be expensive.

I've heard people record podcasts, videos with introductions, then after the
introduction, it goes into the actual presentation. For example, Hello, my
name is Kimsan, and I am here to discuss how to ignore blind people with
attitudes. In this podcast, I will discuss blab la, and I hope you will
enjoy it. Then there is a slight pause and the presentation begins. How is
this done. I'm assuming they do not press pause, because for example, the
background noise would be completely different when the presentation begins,
compared to the intro. What application is being used and if one recommends
me a program will it be accessible with jaws and windows 10. I hope my
question made sense. 'Oh, I forgot, all recordings will be done via the
iphone but what solutions for the pc will people recommend to accomplish the
above.

Thank you.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@gmail.com

Sent from a Braille Sense

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.