Re: Alternatives to Gmail

Matt

I would think so I don’t use it that much web base just like Gmail I don’t use it hardly web base.

I have no problem with my computer and screen reader using it .But this is me and using IE11 and W7 and jaws 17 . If she or he is using something different they might have a different experience all together.

Also what I think is very accessible and user friendly is coming from me and it is hard to say with another person and not even knowing what kind of computer they have like Windows or Mac or what browser they are using and what version or what screen reader and version they have. Also how familiar they are with their PC and the web and their screen reader.

All I can say is give it a go it is free and if she don’t like it abandon it or delete the account. Like I say it is Free.

Does she have a smart phone >? If so what kind?

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:49 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Alternatives to Gmail

Would you say its ok for someone who might not be very computer savvy? My friend wants something that is web based and won’t be using the account with an Email client.

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:46 PM

Well. using IE11 latest build with W7 64 bit and the latest Jaws17 it is very accessible. Perfect no but very accessible.

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:44 PM

Hi Matt, how accessible is the outlook.com site? I love Gmail because you can use standard view and its not cluttered which is more than I can say for sites like yahoo.

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:41 PM

I have not used any other service other than a outlook.com/Hotmail account and then what I have from my ISP. I don’t know about yahoo. But these is the main emails accounts I think is outlook.com/Hotmail account, Gmail account and yahoo. I don’t know if AOL is still around or not. I highly recommend Gmail. Or outlook.com/hot mail accounts.

Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:28 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Alternatives to Gmail

Hi list, I’m asking this question on behalf of someone else. Can anyone recommend webmail services other than Gmail? Personally, I would recommend Gmail to anyone but I’m wondering if there are other services that don’t involve account verification.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvia.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.