Re: Promoting the list

Carlos

I did post a classified on Blind Bargains as a couple of members suggested, but I don't personally belong to any social networks.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Promoting the list

Here's another thought when it comes to promoting the list if and when needed. Why not use Facebook; Wordpress; and any other social media that you maybe on.

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 5:09 PM, amanda burt <aburt123@...> wrote:
Here here, I totally agree with this

Amanda

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 11:34 PM

Hi Carlos and list,

I like a lot of traffic.  The more questions and answers that come in to my TechTalk  folder, the more opportunities I have to learn as a computer user.  And, eventually, the more opportunities I will have to assist others.  I can always hit the delete key if I am not interested in a topic.

Many thanks to Carlos and all who work to make this list work so well.

James

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 5:21 PM

179 members in a bit less than a week is not too bad.  At least in my opinion.  If the number of members does not increase significantly over the next 2 or 3 weeks, then some promotion might not be unreasonable, but just keep in mind that some members already seem to be having a problem with the amount of traffic.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 6:07 PM

Hi,
With all due respect I question the necessity of doing such.  It’s been my experience that lists like other living organisms grow best when tended well and left to their own devices and timing.
It seems to me that through word of mouth people who are meant to find their way here will in due course.
Robin

Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 6:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Promoting the list

I've been thinking a bit about how to promote the list.  I'm not sure about this, but I think the person who edits Top Tech Tidbits would be willing to run an item about the list.  Perhaps other list members would have other suggestions.  I would say to wait before sending announcements to various places until this is discussed further but a little promotion might bring in many more members.

Gene

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.