From: Carlos
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 9:09 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Mail notification Sound Issue

There are two events in the sound scheme treeview. One is labeled
"New Mail Notification"
which is the event responsible for incoming mail in earlier versions of
Windows. However, in Windows 10 there is also another event labeled
"Desktop Mail Notification"
This is the one I had to modify to change the default mail sound for Outlook
Express. I don't know if the same event will work for Outlook, Windows Live
Mail, or other mail clients, but you can give it a try and report back.