Re: Should I upgrade to windows 10?

enes sarıbaş

hi,
yes, it does stop them from being autodownloaded and installed. Though you probably have to install them eventually but this option gives you the opertunity to install at a convenient time.

On 9/6/2015 11:40 PM, Carlos wrote:
But does that actually stop them from being automatically installed eventually? As far as I know, you can only defer the automatic installation of updates.
----- Original Message ----- From: "enes saribas" <enes.saribas@gmail.com>
To: <TechTalk@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Should I upgrade to windows 10?

hi,
actually, you can set updates to notify for install in windows 10 pro via the group policy editor

On 9/3/2015 7:25 PM, Carlos wrote:
Although I suppose in theory you could disable the service itself which would certainly stop updates altogether, but that is of course not recommended.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy" <icu8it2@gmail.com>
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:50:41 -0700

Hi,
Same principles apply: Bluetooth is essentially a wireless version of serial
port, so it is possible to use braille display protocols (it'll take hours
to explain how to write braille display support in NVDA, as it involves
intimate knowledge of how your braille display works).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:46:44 -0700

Hi,
In case of NVDA, all they did was figure out the protocol used by braille
displays, and used a serial port to send and receive data (no special
drivers needed).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:41:09 -0700

Hi,
For some, interfacing with braille displays means using external drivers
(Freedom Scientific ones are a good example of this).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:09:47 -0400

Braille displays like all devices use their own drivers and they are not all
guaranteed to work in Windows 10.
From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 13:51:26 -0400

Well, that is a personal thing. I will post a podcast that
might help
here.
Also you have to consider all your software and hardware will it
work with
it. Especially printers scanners and brail displays and so on.
And any
of
your special software that might not work for some reason. Also
there is
no
big hurry to do this you have almost a year to do it . So I
would wait
till
it was about six month old or so to give everything time to work
better!
Just my thoughts. See link below.

http://media.blubrry.com/blindgeekzone/www.blind-geek-zone.net/wp
-content/up

loads/gravity_forms/3-98839556b66feeea5fbbaaad6c392a4c/2015/08/BG
Z-Update-Au
gust-30-2015.mp3

Thanks,