Re: Diary

Monica Jones

Marie, thanks for reminding me of this. It’s a tip I got some years ago but had forgotten about it. I use notepad for most things that doesn’t require any formatting or anything.

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Diary

Have you tried the Journal within Outlook? I know it exists but not sure if it is accessible.
I have a little trick I learned long ago about Notepad on the PC.
1. Open Notepad to a new blank document
2. On the first line, in all capitals, type:
.LOG. and press enter
Save the file with whatever name you wish to use and close the Notepad program.
the next time you open that file, the date and time will be inserted automatically and you will be placed at the line just below that. Each time you close it and re-open it the new date and time is inserted with the cursor below so you are ready to add new information.
Marie

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 3:12 AM

Was not really talking about security! Just did not want it online not really as security wise just did not want to do an online diary . But no Braille would not be a solution for me!

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 6:00 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

My answer wouldn’t help  you, because it would not be anything having to do with a computer or an iPhone.  It would be plain old braille.  In order for anybody to see that, they would have to come to my house and find it.  And then, they would have to be able to read braille.  You can’t get any more secure than that!  Pam.

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 3:33 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Diary

Well, what do you all use for a Diary ? I don’t want to use anything online as this is not something I interested in putting online.  Maybe there is as word template I could use or some kind of accessible program for windows?

I could use my iPhone and some kind of app if it came down to it but would rather have something for windows PC.

At some point in time I do plan on getting A Mac . But it still will not be my main computer. But could be used for something like a Diary.

Matt.from.florida@...

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.