Re: Diary

Monica Jones

Marie, thanks for reminding me of this. It’s a tip I got some years ago but had forgotten about it. I use notepad for most things that doesn’t require any formatting or anything.

From: Marie
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Diary

Have you tried the Journal within Outlook? I know it exists but not sure if it is accessible.
I have a little trick I learned long ago about Notepad on the PC.
1. Open Notepad to a new blank document
2. On the first line, in all capitals, type:
.LOG. and press enter
Save the file with whatever name you wish to use and close the Notepad program.
the next time you open that file, the date and time will be inserted automatically and you will be placed at the line just below that. Each time you close it and re-open it the new date and time is inserted with the cursor below so you are ready to add new information.
Marie