Re: accessible drop box for pc

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

The only reason I ever use the actual db website is if I have to recover a file I deleted.

Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:52 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible drop box for pc

That might be if it is on the site. But it works on the PC . I hardly ever go to the site itself. As I have the app on the computer and on my iPhone so never really have a reason to go to the net . I will have to check it out on the net .

Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:46 AM

We don't know if this problem was on the Drop Box site or in the program on the computer. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:12 PM

Hi, just went there myself and it worked like a charm. I just went to the drop box icon in the system tray and click on it and then went to the drop box menu and then click on it and then went to system preface and then language and then tab to the combo box and then alt down arrow and went thru the languages and then went back to English and click on it and then tab to ok and that was it! Sound simple to me as long as you don’t change to a language you don’t understand! Then you would be up the creek without a paddle.

This is not drop box fault you change to something you did not understand. That is not accessibility problem.

Now using W7 64 bit ultimate with latest jaws17 .

So cannot speak to other OS and other screen readers.

If it don’t work on other OS and screen readers then yes this then can become a accessibility problem.

But this is why never to put all your eggs in one basket!

So with this using my OS and my screen reader of choice I have no problem changing language as long as I can understand the language.

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:05 PM

Okay, matt.  If you insist, I won’t confuse you with the facts.

Specifically, the combo boxes in the settings do not change things reliably.  Please share your vast knowledge on the subject and do a podcast so you can reliably demonstrate everyone else’s lack of understanding.

Don Roberts

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:47 PM

It is still very accessible. Drop box cannot control your mistakes of changing the language! This would be the case in any program. It is not that the program is not accessible you cannot understand the language. That is something totally different. Not drop box or any other program fault!

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:05 PM

Matt, I respectfully disagree.  Go to the Dropbox settings link and tell me how accessible you think it is.  Recently, I inadvertently changed the default language to something other than English, something which was to my ear totally incomprehensible.  Fortunately, Carlos came up with a solution to that problem.

Don Roberts

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 8:44 PM

All the drop box for pC is accessible . Running W7 64 bit and latest jaws17 and sure I have the latest drop box app.  what is the latest drop box app for windows?

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 11:33 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] accessible dropbox for pc

does anyone have a version of dropbox that's accessible for the pc?   

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.