Re: court email, is it spam?

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Pam, delete the message and move on. I would suggest that you don’t open the attachment, its probably infected.

From: Pamela Dominguez [mailto:geodom@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:15 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] court email, is it spam?

Last night, I received an email that told me I am to appear in New York State court on March, 31st, and I should bring all documents relevant to the case.  I have no court case going on, I have not received any subpoena to appear in court for anything, or received anything in snail mail about court.  It has a zip file attached that says it is the notice.  It was written with bad grammar, too many thes and stuff.  Has anybody gotten a message like this?  Is it spam?  It seems if I were really supposed to appear in court, I would know more than a week ahead of time.  Also, it says if I do not show, the case may be decided without me.  There again, I have no idea of any case.  Pam.