Re: question about smart screen filter blocking downloads

Gene

Again, if you know the file is safe, then the file isn't the issue.  As I explained, Send space shows you third party advertising.  It contracts with other entities to display advertising on the Send Space site when you download a file as a free user.  and that is what is being flagged.  If you know the file is safe, then it has nothing to do with the file.  You can know the file is safe and still be infected from hacked third party advertising. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about smart screen filter blocking downloads

Agree, it was just that one file that I knew for sure was safe.

Thanks Matt.

sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 10:54 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Yes but now you know you are opening yourself up a little more for unsafe downloads and sites! It is usually better to just tell it to continue on and leave it on then turn it off. Although you can turn it on and off at will.

Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 1:47 PM

Thank you the notes that Mike sent me worked great.

Thank you

sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 10:46 AM

You are probably using Send Space.  Assuming the file is safe, it is not blocking the file.  It is blocking third party advertising from Send Space.  Send Space is trying to show you advertising from a third party site.  While advertising may be dangerous at times even on the most reputable sites because it may be hacked, Send Space is knowwn for hacked third party advertising that may try to download malware or send you to something like a phishing site.

I've sent instructions for how to download safely from Send space before, but I don't know if I did to this list.  I don't know how many people implemented the instructions I sent successfully.  The instructions require many steps and one or two people had problems implementing them.  I'll send instructions if you want to try doing so.  There is a way to bypass the block you are discussing but I don't use Internet Explorer and I don't know it.  I strongly do not believe that blocks of this kind should be overridden.  They are security features and, while nothing dangerous may happen, I consider it a bad idea to evade them.  My instructions will keep Send Space from directing you to such sites and you can download files safely. 

Gene----- Original Message -----
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 12:08 PM

Usually you just do Alt plus N and it will take you to the options to
choose.

Matt.from.florida@...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 1:04 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] question about smart screen filter blocking downloads

Hi all and happy Saturday!
If I know a file is safe to download but jaws tells me that smart screen
filter has blocked the download how can I unblock this?
I use jaws 14, office 2010
Sugar
Thanks
sugar

Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses
of other people.
-Filled with light, Sugar.

No threats detected. www.avast.com

No threats detected. www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.