dymo tape

Monte Single

Yes, as Pam corrected me, it is Dymo tape. It is used  by most offices in North America, and a lot of other places, for labeling all kinds of things from mailboxes to binders. It just happens to work well for braille as it has an adhesive back and holds dots really well.  I know lots of people on this  list  and other blindness related lists  use it for this reason.

Sent: April-09-16 11:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] dynotape

Ok I thought you said it was to put braille on it ? if so then this is specialized tape as it is not main stream like duct tape or Scott tape or freezer tape  and so on. So I call something that most everyday people don’t use is specialized .

Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 7:44 PM

It’s not a specialized tape.  It’s actually made by the 3mcompany, I think.  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 6:54 PM

Yes that is a specialized tape so maybe not!

Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 6:41 PM

No; he’s talking about eh tape that you put in one of those dymo writers and write print or braille on.  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 5:27 PM

Well, if you was talking about duct tape yes. This is some kind of specialized tape so maybe not.

Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 2:31 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] dynotape

My sister  just purchased a roll of tape, 15  feet. It cost about ten dollars US. This seems expensive to me.

Comments?

Thanks,

Monte

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.