Re: Two of the fastest USB 3 flash drives currently available

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Carlos, do you know if the drive is backwards compatible? I have a Kingston drive that is really slow and it doesn’t encourage me to want to use the drive that often. lol

Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 11:16 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Two of the fastest USB 3 flash drives currently available

Hi Sylvia,

I did receive the drive.  First, the construction is all metal which is nice and not very common in less expensive models.  Second, the listed speeds are 400MB/s read and 270MB/s write which is rather impressive for a flash drive.  Although rarely do the listed speeds match real world usage.  However, many reviewers indicated that their tests at least came close to matching these specifications.  I haven't performed any actual benchmarks myself, but the drive is definitely fast.  I think many people are under the impression that if they purchase a USB 3 flash drive, it will automatically take full advantage of USB 3 speeds which is definitely not the case.  But just to keep things in prospective, a High-speed USB 3 flash drive such as this one is significantly faster than a typical internal SATA III 7200 RPM mechanical drive.  Although not quite as fast as most even halfway decent solid state drives.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 10:23 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Two of the fastest USB 3 flash drives currently available

Hi Carlos, I know you posted this several days ago but I wanted to know if you have used the drive yet and what you think of its performance.

Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 7:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Two of the fastest USB 3 flash drives currently available

Here are two of the fastest USB 3 flash drives currently available.  Note that these are both 128 GB capacity because that is what I was looking for at the time I found these models.  However, the second one is available in smaller capacities.  The first one actually uses a solid state drive controller which is kind of cool.  It is technically faster than the second model, but based on the reviews, it is also slightly larger and uses a cap.  I don't like flash drives with caps so I decided to purchase the second one instead.

Corsair Flash Voyager GTX

Lexar JumpDrive P20

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.